Sunday, February 22, 2009

I love these kind of embarrassing moments

I have to record this funny little incident for our family journal. Sorry to all my close friends and family who have already heard this story. While at California Adventures our fam went to Turtle Talk with Crush, and sat back ready to be entertained. To our surprise, Crush picked Malloy out of the crowd to be interviewed first. After answering a few simple questions, with prompts from his mother, Crush asked Malloy who had brought him here. At this point, Juliette decided to let Malloy answer himself, and he came up with this little beauty, "Heavenly Father." He said it so clear and so sweet, and as the audience sat in awkward silence, all Crush could do was nod his head furiously, repeating,"O.K., O.K., cool, cool!" If he had said God, there might have been a few chuckles- but the words Heavenly and Father probably made plenty of people nervous. I'm sure people thought we were religious fanatics or possibly members of a cult. In the end it was kind of a proud moment for us, even though Juliette's face was red and she did whisper in his ear "Mom and Dad" right after he said Heavenly Father. I guess he does listen at church.

8 comments:

Saragers said...

i love this little gem of a story!! how sweet and honest!

laurice. said...

That is hilarious!

Mama J said...

That is so Sweet! At least he said something nice like Heavenly Father!

MegTyandLandri said...

What a sweetie!! I love the things that come out of their mouths!

Jill said...

I love it! What a little tender heart :)

the Hess' said...

this is too cute. I teach the 6yr olds and I always wonder if they remember anything I teach. Glad to hear that they are learning things! :) How is your cute little girl doing?

Melissa said...

that is hilarious! I'm teary eyed! I would be SO proud. Your girl has SO much hair! so cute! Tell your sis it's way past time to update her blog! I'm only about 2 1/2 weeks away from having my baby!.....Missy

A Rosie Family said...

That is fantastic!! Maybe he taught Crush a thing or two that day. So Sad we didn't get to see you while you were here... again! Porter was absolutely dying when he saw Malloy fighing Darth Vader. He has still NOT yet been picked to be a jedi fighter and almost breaks into tears every time. He was so excited for Malloy and so was I! Too fun!