Saturday, March 7, 2009

BIRTHDAY DEPRESSION-PLEASE HELP!!!



Why did I ask? Why did I ASK? I have been married for 6 almost 7 years and every year for Adam's birthday I plan some surprise date. This year however, I asked what he wanted to do. The answer was "I would like to go to Red Lobster". I would rather be attacked by a lobster, so after several seconds of silence I suggested maybe another nice restaurant that sells lobster. His response was "It's not your birthday." This isn't all. He then let me know he would like to go dancing. Yea! I suggested, line dancing, ballroom dancing lessons, swing lessons, all things I would like to do on my own birthday. Adam once again shut me down and told me he wanted to dance to the kind of music we just happened to be listening to at that moment which was -and I quote "the rap you grew up with" station. I laughed and said jokingly, "a club?" He shook his head no and said a church dance. When I complained he said once again with a smile, "it's not your birthday". Please what can I do about this? I do not care if my husband sees this post- I know he will even though he pretends he never reads blogs.

13 comments:

Saragers said...

i am dying right now!! adam, oh adam,i hope you thoroughly enjoy your birthday! i expect full details and pictures!!

Ashley said...

nothin like a church dance and red lobster, I agree with you! But you did ask, you will just remember to never ask again.hehe

the Hess' said...

haha.. this is so funny. Michael and I were laughing. When he talked about dancing it just made me think of michael and how he probably would want to go to a church dance as well. fun times! Well anything you guys end up doing I am sure will be fun.

Jill said...

this is awesome. seriously, who would'nt want to go to red lobster and a church dance for their b day?!! so just to be clear, will this be like a ward activity/dance? or are you guys going to pretend you are single and hit up the stake singles social?! please say singles.

Paige said...

mmmm...cheese biscuits.

Tracy said...

Better get those rap moves out. It's for your own good. Good times!

the waites said...

This is why I love Adam.

Now I would love to be the fly on the wall at the church dance.

MAybe he has secretly been taking dance lessons and is ready to tear it up on the dance floor. He does have the Jaime Fow in him.

Adam we sure love you and hope Red Lobster settles well with you so you can dance it up.

ps Juliette dont act like an old mom, what happen to crazy Juliette??

Hess Fam said...

oh boy. so he's still sad that you guys stayed an extra night in CA for valentines day. whoops!
as for red lobster...can i tell you the number of times matthew has asked to go to either red lobster or sizzler for dinner. sick, sick, sick.

A Rosie Family said...

That is hilarious! I want details:)

laurice. said...

lol. I hate Red Lobster also!

the waites said...

I love you my dear Jew. Just reading your comment made me cackle for an hour. I just remember you not doing my wedding dance full out.HE!HE!

I really apologize for that (dancing and singing like we were 12)-What was I thinking... IM blushing just thinking about it:)

xoxo

Jill said...

I do remember the rotting smell coming from our kitchen actually. I also remember not being about to locate said smell for a few days...until we opened the microwave. SICK.

Hess Fam said...

first and foremost...i, matthew, have never asked to go to Red Lobster. however, i do say sizzler every time we pass the one on across from los alamitos high school - yes the same one adam and i would get the all you can eat desert bar and unlimited cheesy toasted for 1.99. good times indeed.

matthew